Print    Close This Window
Friday, December 1, 2017
                      Dear Parents and Guardians,

Over the course of this school year, there have been several new cases of students diagnosed with “allergic to the touch” allergies, especially to peanuts and tree nuts. This means that it is critical that these students do not come in contact directly or indirectly with these allergens. Indirect contact includes touching another person or an object with the allergen. This can result in a life-threatening allergic reaction including anaphylactic shock or in severe cases death.

If your child’s teacher has not set up snack time guidelines in his or her class, I am asking for your help by trying to send your child to school with nut free snacks; this includes snacks NOT processed in factories that process peanuts and other nuts. Included on the back are some suggested snacks in case you need some ideas.

Thank you for your understanding, consideration, and cooperation in this matter; I appreciate your willingness to help make the classrooms a safer environment for our students.

Deborah Nanney

Attachments Available To Download:
Mrs. Nanney's letter